When the weather turns cooler I turn to my favorite soups and all the comfort food I can find! It is the time of year to ruin all that hard work you put in over the summer losing weight! Am I right??? 😉 I call it my preparing for hibernation time of year, kind of like a bear! My hubby thinks I’m crazy but oh well I love food and I’m not a huge fan of exercise. I exercise to eat more food! So I am going to share with you my all time favorite (personal) recipe that I love love love to eat during the cooler months of the year!
So growing up my Grandma always made potato soup. It was always super yummy and she made it look super simple like just potatoes, butter and milk. I have tried that and to no avail (even with adding other seasonings) it doesn’t ever come close to the way I remember hers tasting. I began to improvise (I am a foodie at heart) and came up with my own style of potato soup that we all love! So here it goes:
~Cheesy Potato Soup~
A one pot meal!!
- 5 lb bag of potatoes or more depending on how many you are feeding!
- Wash (peel if you like), cut and boil until soft
- Once cooked, drain and mash them with 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- Add 2 cups of milk (add more if you want it more soupy)
- Here is where you can get creative
- Add any vegetables that you like! I like all veggies so add as many cans of veggies as you like!
- Add 8 oz Cheese (I love cheese!)
- Add seasonings
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- Cook until all hot! If you are using frozen veggies it takes a little longer to heat up.
- It’s delicious on its own or with a dollop of sour cream on top (my fav) and definitely with a side of garlic bread!!!
I hope you enjoy!!! It is one of my favorite things to eat and I am happy to share it with you!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Had this for dinner tonight! AND it was amazing!! Could have subtracted the chips and it would have been great! I felt like the chips were almost a stale texture after being in the oven and it made it less appealing. I also only used green peppers (that’s all I had lol) and I substituted chili powder for the paprika. Also left out the spring onion and the fresh tomato (my hubby doesn’t like them).
Great meal and is definitely big enough for 4 people! My hubby and I ate it and could barely polish off 1/4 of it each. It is huge! It was so yummy though!!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 large tortilla wraps
- 1 small tortilla wrap (or an additional large wrap)
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- mixed peppers, 3, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 handfuls tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp spring onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh tomato, diced
- sour cream and avocado salad, to serve
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
How You Make It:
- Pop your chicken, peppers, onions, spices and seasoning on a baking tray and roast at 220°C for 2o minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Bring out and leave to cool slightly.
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with oil and lay down 5 of your tortillas, overlapping, in a flower formation. Pop your smaller wrap in the centre.
- Go in with your cheese, half your fajita mix, then a tortilla chip layer (crunch down to flatten). Top with the remaining half of fajita mix, spring onion, tomato then the rest of the cheese. Place a final wrap on top in the centre and fold the rest of the wraps over. Bake for 30 minutes at 190•C.
- To serve, flip the crunchwrap onto a board.
- Dig in.
There is an awesome video tutorial on the website!!!
I am a fudge lover, I love to try fudge of all kinds! I will never forget going to a fudge factory as a child every time we went to Branson, Mo. We would set and watch them make the fudge in anticipation of trying some once they were finished! It was my favorite part of our trip. So I am always up for trying new recipes!
Here is a yummy recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge:
Unfortunately, there is no link on the Pinterest pin but it is definitely worth trying out! It was delicious. My only suggestion is to add a little more powdered sugar so its a stiffer consistency before it is put in the fridge. It is amazing and my husband said to never make it again! He made himself sick on it! 🙂 It is super yummy!!
What is your favorite recipe?? I’d love to swap recipes!! Will be sharing more soon!