Had this for dinner tonight! AND it was amazing!! Could have subtracted the chips and it would have been great! I felt like the chips were almost a stale texture after being in the oven and it made it less appealing. I also only used green peppers (that’s all I had lol) and I substituted chili powder for the paprika. Also left out the spring onion and the fresh tomato (my hubby doesn’t like them).
Great meal and is definitely big enough for 4 people! My hubby and I ate it and could barely polish off 1/4 of it each. It is huge! It was so yummy though!!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 large tortilla wraps
- 1 small tortilla wrap (or an additional large wrap)
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- mixed peppers, 3, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 handfuls tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp spring onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh tomato, diced
- sour cream and avocado salad, to serve
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
How You Make It:
- Pop your chicken, peppers, onions, spices and seasoning on a baking tray and roast at 220°C for 2o minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Bring out and leave to cool slightly.
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with oil and lay down 5 of your tortillas, overlapping, in a flower formation. Pop your smaller wrap in the centre.
- Go in with your cheese, half your fajita mix, then a tortilla chip layer (crunch down to flatten). Top with the remaining half of fajita mix, spring onion, tomato then the rest of the cheese. Place a final wrap on top in the centre and fold the rest of the wraps over. Bake for 30 minutes at 190•C.
- To serve, flip the crunchwrap onto a board.
- Dig in.
There is an awesome video tutorial on the website!!!